Chelsea DUI Attorneys
The Chelsea District Court is located at 120 Broadway, Chelsea, MA. This court is where cases that originate out of Chelsea and Revere are handled. All cases in the Chelsea District Court are prosecuted by the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office. The Chelsea District Court handles arraignments, pre-trials, motions, and trials.
Attorneys James G. DeGiacomo and Sergey Mikhlin have handled many different types of cases out of the Chelsea District Court. For more information, see below.
OUI Penalties in Massachusetts District Courts
The penalties for OUI can vary greatly based on the facts of the case and the defendant’s record. Because of this, it is important to have an experienced OUI Attorney by your side to defend you. Here are the minimum and maximum sentences for OUI in Massachusetts:
DeGiacomo & Mikhlin, P.C.
James G. DeGiacomo and Sergey Mikhlin are experienced Chelsea DUI Attorneys, who have successfully defended many clients in the Chelsea District Court. If you were arrested for DUI or OUI in the Chelsea area, call DeGiacomo & Mikhlin, P.C. right away. They are available 24/7 at (617) 941-3666 for free consultations.
- First Offense OUI: The typical sentence for a First Offense OUI is one year of probation, with the 24D program, about $1,500 in fines, and a 45-90 loss of license. However, the maximum penalty is 2 ½ years in the house of corrections.
- Second Offense OUI: The typical sentence for a Second Offense OUI is two years of probation, with a 14-day inpatient treatment program, about $3,000 in fines, and a two-year loss of license. The maximum penalty is 2 ½ years in the house of corrections.
- Third Offense OUI: The minimum mandatory sentence is 180 days in the house of corrections, with a maximum penalty of 2 ½ years. There is also a five-year loss of license.
- Fourth Offense OUI: The minimum mandatory sentence is 2 years in the house of corrections, with a maximum penalty of 2 ½ years. There is also a ten-year loss of license.
- Fifth or Subsequent Offense OUI: The minimum mandatory sentence is 2 ½ years in the house of corrections. There is also a lifetime loss of license.