Trusted Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer
Why Should You Choose Our Boston Criminal Defense Firm?
- Available 24/7
- Free Case Evaluations
- 5 STAR Google Local Rating
- “10 Best” Client Satisfaction Award – AIDUIA
- Extensive Legal Background
- Happy Clients
- Tenured Former Prosecutor
- Personalized Legal Strategies
Start Assembling Your Defense
Schedule Your Free Criminal Defense Consultation
Nothing is more stressful to yourself or your family than facing criminal charges. We understand that you have a lot to think about especially if you have never been arrested before. If you are currently under investigation for a criminal charge in Boston you have come to the right place. The Law Office of Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer James G. DeGiacomo has built our family run law firm from the ground up with a track record of victory. We are ready to talk with you and make sure that you have the best representation available.
Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer – Practice Areas
If you are under investigation for, or have been arrested for any of these charges contact us now!
- Assault & Battery: Assault concerns verbal threats about violence whereas Battery is the unlawful physical contact with another person with them consenting to it. It is important to remember that for these types of cases no physical contact needs to be made. If someone threatens you and throws a punch, it is enough for the police to intervene and place the person under arrest.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic Violence is not something that only affects people who have been in a relationship for a long time. It can happen to any two people who are living together or are family members. Allegations against you about Domestic Violence can be damaging to your self-esteem as well as your everyday life including your friends and your job.
- Violation of Restraining Order: When you are charged with violation of protection order can face a felony, misdemeanor, or contempt of court charge. While it is unlikely that you will be charged with a felony, it is important that you understand that a restraining order is a court order and cannot be violated.
- Violation of Harassment Prevention Order: If you have been given an order of harassment prevention for any reason, it is important that you do not violate it. If you violate this type of order, you are at risk for up to $5,000 in fines and up to two years of imprisonment.
- Shoplifting: Shoplifting can be classified as a Felony or a Misdemeanor depending on the total cost of the items stolen. Felony shoplifting can carry penalties for as much as five years in jail. It is important that if you have been placed under arrest the you contact our Massachusetts Theft Firm for a free consultation.
- Larceny: Larceny is similar to theft including pickpocketing, shoplifting, or burglary. While the charges and penalties vary severely by the value of the item stolen, it is important that to keep this charge off of your record that you contact a Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer immediately.
- Breaking and Entering: When you are arrested for breaking and entering, you have to ensure that you have the right Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer on your side. Along with this charge other charges can quickly pile on and without the right representation, you run the risk of being in the very hot water.
- Probation Violation: It is very important that if you have been granted probation that you do not return to jail. However, when you violate your probation you put yourself at risk for the very thing. Do not enter into this situation without an attorney who knows the ins and outs of your probation violation situation.
- DUI / OUI: When you are facing DUI / OUI charges in Massachusetts, you have to intervene early. If you wait until your trial date, you will not get the results that you want. Our office has handled Boston DUI crimes for the past decade and is ready to assist you.
- Sex Crimes: Sex crimes are considered especially heinous and are punished with the utmost severity in Massachusetts. If you have been accused of a Sex Crime if you do not act quickly you may face the loss of your job as well as other issues whether you are convicted or not. Our office will work with you and make sure that we will work with the utmost discretion.
Criminal Drug Offenses
If you have been arrested in for any of these drug crimes, contact our Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer.
- Posession: Whether you were arrested with a couple of grams of marijuana or a kilo of cocaine the sooner, you retain an attorney, the better. Drug crimes typically have severe punishments and can have a very heavy weight.
- Possession with intent to distribute: If you have been arrested for drugs and the police, believe they have proof that you intended to distribute you could be facing a huge number of individual charges. For these types of charges, you will need a tenacious Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer.
- Trafficking: The king of all drug charges will not get you a nicer cell if you end up in prison. Trafficking is the most serious drug charge in Massachusetts and carries a mandatory prison sentence. It is important that if you believe you are under investigation for trafficking that you contact an attorney before your arrest.
- School Zone Violation: If it is between 5:00 a.m. and midnight and you are withing 300 feet of a school and you are arrested for a drug crime you will need a Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer. On top of the charges for your original arrest, you will also face a minimum 2.5-year prison sentence as well as hefty fines.
Motor Vehicle Offenses
Being arrested for any of these charges can lead to very serious penalties and should be addressed by our Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer.
- Operating with a Suspended License: No matter the reason you have had your license revoked you are at risk of penalties if you are pulled over for any reason. These penalties vary depending on the reason that you lost your license. These types of cases are best handled by a Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer.
- Negligent Operation: Sometimes known as “driving to endanger” being arrested for this type of charge is not simply something you are going to get a ticket for in Massachusetts. This is certainly something you cannot address without a Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer.
- Leaving the Scene of Property Damage: If you crash into something and leave the scene of the accident, you can be in a world of trouble. You run the risk of losing your license and large insurance increases not including fines and possible jail time.
- Leaving the Scene of Personal Injury: If you injure someone with your car, you need to stop and make sure that the situation is taken care of completely. If you do not, you are at risk for last fines, jail time, and insurance issues.
The Best Defense In & Out of Court
Have you ever wished that you could erase a mistake you made in your past? If that mistake was a criminal charge, Boston Expungement Attorney James G. DeGiacomo can work with you to have your record expunged. When you have an expunged record you can be at ease when applying for jobs or finding a home. Whether you think your previous charge is too large or too small, our team will make sure that it is thoroughly investigated. We will due our diligence and make sure that you get what you want out of your life.
If your Expungement case has to go to court, you will be able to put your mind at ease. We have received several awards for our dedication and service to our clients. Our talented research team will work to make sure that you are in the very best hands.
A High-Quality Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer 24/7
Whether you have been pulled over for drinking and driving at 3 o’clock in the morning or were caught shoplifting in the afternoon, we are available to you. Our team never sleeps, we make sure that we make ourselves to anyone at any time. We want you to know that we are going to work with you from the time you get arrested until after you get your verdict. Even if you think that your case is open and shut, we will work to get you a reduction of charges or find a mistake made by the investigator to have your case dismissed.
Talk to Our Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer Now
Attorney James G. DeGiacomo is available now to not only discuss your case but begin to build the aggressive strategy that is necessary for criminal defense. We are available to meet at any time at our office or other locations if your loved one is currently detained. When you are ready for the best defense available contact Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer James G. DeGiacomo.